Publications from Shin lab include Nature Photonics, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Communications (2), Physical Review Letters (3), one KOREA patent, and two US patents.
- Jin-Hun Kim, Yong Sup Ihn, Yoon-Ho Kim, and Heedeuk Shin, “Generation of near-infrared correlated photon pairs in a long optical nano-fiber,” [submitted]
- Hyeongpin Kim, Heedeuk Shin, “Tailorable and broadband on-chip optical power splitter,” [submitted]
- R. Behunin, P. Kharel, W. Renninger, H. Shin, F. Carter, E. Kittlaus, and P.T. Rakich, “Long-lived guided phonons by manipulating two-level systems in silica,” Arxiv, 1501.04248. [PDF]
- Kyungdeuk Park, Dongjin Lee, Yong Sup Ihn, Yoon-Ho Kim, and Heedeuk Shin, “Observation of photon-pair generation in the normal group-velocity-dispersion regime with slight detuning from the pump wavelength,” New Journal of Physics 20, 103004 (2018).
- Kwang Jo Lee, Sunmi Lee, and Heedeuk Shin, “Extended phase-matching properties of periodically poled potassium niobate crystals for mid-infrared polarization-entangled photon-pair generation,” Applied Optics 55, 9791 (2016).
- Eric A. Kittlaus†, Heedeuk Shin†, and Peter T. Rakich, “Large Brillouin amplification in silicon,” Nature Photonics 10, 463-467 (2016). [† These authors contributed equally to this work.]
- William Renninger, Heedeuk Shin, Ryan Behunin, Prashanta Kharel, Eric Kittlaus, and Peter Rakich, “Forward Brillouin scattering in hollow-core photonic bandgap fibers,” New Journal of Physics 18, 025008 (2016).
- Heedeuk Shin, Jonathan Cox, Robert Jarecki, Andrew Starbuck, Zheng Wang, and Peter Rakich, “Control of coherent information via on chip photonic-phononic emitter-receivers,” Nature Communications 6, 6427 (2015).
- Heedeuk Shin and Peter T. Rakich, “Optomechanics: Photons that pivot and shuttle,” Nature Nanotechnology, News & view, 9, 878–880 (2014).
- Wenjun Qiu, Peter T. Rakich, Marin Solja, Heedeuk Shin, and Zheng Wang, “Stimulated Brillouin scattering in nanoscale silicon step-index waveguides: A general framework of selection rules and calculating SBS gain,” Optics Express 21, 31402–31419 (2013).
- Heedeuk Shin, Zheng Wang, Wenjun Qiu, Robert Jarecki, J Cox, T. Olsson, and Peter T. Rakich, “Tailorable stimulated Brillouin scattering atnanoscale silicon waveguides,” Nature Communications 4, 1944 (2013).
- Heedeuk Shin, Omar S. Magana-Loaiza, Mehul Malik, Malcolm N. O’Sullivan, and Robert W. Boyd, “Enhancing entangled-state phase estimation by mixing classical and quantum protocols,” Optics Express 21, 2816-2822 (2013).
- Heedeuk Shin, Kam Wai Clifford Chan, Hye Jeong Chang, and Robert W. Boyd, “Quantum spatial super-resolution by the optical centroid measurement method,” Physical Review Letters 107, 083603 (2011).
- George M. Gehring, Heedeuk Shin, Robert W. Boyd, Chil-Min Kim, and Byoung S. Ham, “Tunable optical time delay of quantum signals using a prism pair,” Optics Express 18, 19156 (2010).
- Mehul Malik, Heedeuk Shin, Petros Zerom, and Robert W. Boyd, “Quantum Ghost Image Identification with Correlated Photon Pairs,” Physical Review Letters 104, 163602 (2010), [Corresponding author, May 2010 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information].
- Ksenia Dolgaleva, Heedeuk Shin, and Robert W. Boyd, “Observation of a Microscopic Cascaded Contribution to the Fifth-Order Nonlinear Susceptibility,” Physical Review Letters 103, 113902 (2009), [September 2009 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information].
- Curtis J. Broadbent, Petros Zerom, Heedeuk Shin, John C. Howell, and Robert W. Boyd, “Discriminating Orthogonal Single Photon Images,” Physical Review A 79, 033802 (2009), [March 2009 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information].
- Heedeuk Shin, Aaron Schweinsberg, and Robert W. Boyd, “Reducing pulse distortion in fast-light pulse propagation through an erbium-doped fiber amplifier using a mutually incoherent background field,” Optics Communications 282, 2085 (2009).
- R. W. Boyd, K. W. C. Chan, A. Jha, M. Malik, C. O’Sullivan, H. Shin, and P. Zerom, “Quantum imaging: enhanced image formation using quantum states of light,” Proceedings of SPIE, 7342, 73420B (2009).
- Heedeuk Shin, Hye Jeong Chang, Robert W. Boyd, M. R. Choi, and W. Jo, “Large nonlinear optical response of polycrystalline Bi3.25La0.75Ti3O12 ferroelectric thin films on quartz substrates,” Optics Letters 32, 2453 (2007).
- Heedeuk Shin, Aaron Schweinsberg, George Gehring, Katie Schwertz, Hye Jeong Chang, Robert W. Boyd, Q-Han Park and Daniel J. Gauthier, “Reducing pulse distortion in fast-light pulse propagation through an erbium-doped fiber amplifier,” Optics Letters 32, 906 (2007), [April 2007 issue of Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science].
- Hye Jeong Chang, Heedeuk Shin, Malcolm N. O’Sullivan-Hale and Robert W. Boyd, “Implementation of sub-Rayleigh resolution lithography using an N-photon absorber,” Journal of Modern Optics 53, 2271 (2006).
- M. S. Bigelow, N. N. Lepeshkin, H. Shin, and R. W. Boyd , “Propagation of smooth and discontinuous pulses through materials with very large or very small group velocities,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 18, 3117 (2006).
- R. W. Boyd, H. J. Chang, H. Shin, and M. C. O’Sullivan-Hale, “Progress in Quantum Lithography,” Proceedings of SPIE, 5893, 58930G-1 (2005).
- S. H. Kang, H. D. Shin, C. H. Oh, D. H. Choi, and K. H. park, “Synthesis and Photoisomerization Properties of Polynorbornenes with Azobenzene Chromophores”, Bulletin of Korean Chemical Society 23, 957 (2002).
- H. D. Shin, W. J. Joo, C. H. Oh, P. S. Kim, and Y. K. Han, “Determination of transition rate constants of trans-cis isomerization in a poly(malonic ester) containing disperse red 1”, Journal of Chemical Physics 117, 1677 (2002).
- Won-Jae Joo, Hee-Deuk Shin, Cha-Hwan Oh, Seok-Ho Song, Pill-Soo Kim, Bong-Soo Ko, and Yang-Kyoo Han, “Novel mechanism of fast relaxation of photo-induced anisotropy in a poly(malonic esters) containing p-cyanoazobenzene,” Journal of Chemical Physics 113, 8848 (2000).